OLD TIRED OLD MILLARD

OLD TIRED OLD MILLARD
MILLI BEFORE HER RENOVATION!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Hopin & Wishin & Waitin

Here I sit this morn waiting on a phone call!
 This trip of ours was after all suppose to be a working/holiday
Around Australia
As i have said before though,
work & holiday's just do not go together
but seeing as we are a fair way off retirement age
& are not rolling in $$$$$$
The holiday for the moment is now over &
it's time to get stuck into a bit of work for a couple of months or so
 that way we can put some $$$$$ back in the coffers & then enjoy a couple of months of the holiday part again!!

We really have not worked much 
since leaving home at the end of April this year
Oh!...... Sorry! 
I should re-phrase that
I have not worked much since leaving home in April!
Well really i have only worked once & that was at the
Causeway Kiosk battering my fish!
It's not through lack of trying it is more been bad timing & they
want me for a long time not a short time!!
Anyway enough of my flimsy excuses!!
Mark never has any problems he walks so easily into work!!
One recruitment agency we strolled into recently asked Mark
if he had a resume???? 
I said no dont be silly he is old!!
Poor Husband! 
I also added he has run his own business for the past 30 odd years & has never had the need for one!
This lady continued on....
Well most companies will require one these days!
We walked out of there, looked at each other & said Mmmm
we will cross that bridge when we come to it if need be?
Later that day we drove around town to a new building estate
there were some builders packing up their tools for the day
We stopped & Mark went over & had a mag to them.
 He started work with them a couple of days later!!!
So lucky is he!!

Or is he??
The first day as the new boy on the building block & his
tales went like this.......
 The temp was about 45 in the sun, I was up & down the ladder
all day putting on a roof, I drank 8 litres of water & Gatorade
we had smoko at 9.30 am & get this
that was it for the day!
No more breaks, no lunch break, no toilet breaks nothing!
You have got to be kidding me that is not right I piped up sternly!
Wait he says it gets better!
You couldn't have a toilet break even if you wanted one
they have no toilets on site!
 I said to one of the boys what if you need to go.......He says you drive into town & go to Maccas or Kfc

That is so wrong!!!
These people are really strange!

As far as I am concerned
You Mark Gregory were the best boss ever!!!
At least your guys could do a wee when they needed too!!!
Just this second as i am writing this
Husbands truck pulled up out the front I ran out to him....
Did you tell them to stick it??
Hahaha No.....I have come home to use the toilet!
There are other negatives with this mob but i wont bore or shock you with any more of them!

 As we sat talking the other night i said  
we don't have to stay here you know 
we could always head back home!
I hopefully would get my old job back on a casual basis though & 
you would get heaps of work where you would be able to go to the loo when needed & you could have lunch again that would be fun!
It would be a whole lot more comfortable temperature wise
like 30 odd degrees as opposed to temps in the late 40's!!
We could spend Chrissy with our Family!
Then head off again maybe to Darwin at the end of February when the weather started to get cooler again! 
Too Easy Let's Go!!

After a few minutes of thought
I said what sooks are we running home to the comforts that we
know & love!!!!
(Well it is me really being the only sook here!!)

When the goin' gets tough 
The Gregory's think
Time to Bail!...........NOT!!!
We will not be defeated wow this will be a test!

Summer in the Top End of Australia!
Far away
 from
All Our Family
@
Christmas Time!!!
Mmmmmm
 ??????????Maybe??????????

We have decided to take each day as it comes with no real plan
which is really the way we have been this whole trip!
As you can see
this is obviously why we ended up here at this time
in the hottest part of Australia & it is not even summer time yet!
Oh well....No plan is a good plan
I think???


Now Back to my phone call!
I put my resume in various places around town & yesterday I was lucky enough to have an interview with Blue Nurses working in respite with disabled people.
I thought the interview went really well, but i also thought that when I applied for a job with Blue Nurses in Yeepoon......
Well that was not to be!!
They did not even have the decency of ringing me back!!
Silly Sharon waited on their phone call for 3 days
Until i realised i was a reject!

 I wont be waiting this time for 3 days
I will give it to the end of the day & hopefully
it will bring me good news!!
If not it's time for
Plan B.....Oh that's right we don't have any of those!
Oh well!
 Whatever Will Be Will Be!

Have a Fantastic Day
&
Please Feel Free to Wish me Luck
I think i may need it!!!!










5 comments:

  1. I hope you get that fone call!! Does your van have air con? Gawd id hope so...

    Ben checked out the cost of flying up to see you guys around chrissy... and he was like DID you know that its cheaper to fly to darwin then to Mt Isa??? I was like Darwin?? surely not,are you sure.. thats the other side of Australia!! and he was like exactly! He said it would be alot cheaper to drive up, so we hope to be able to do that, do they have cabins in the park your staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Skye still waiting!
    Awh!..That would be lovely, yes they have lots of cabins here, but wait because we are not sure yet if we are staying or going!
    Depends if Marks job has plenty of work to keep him on! Not that they really deserve him!
    Also if i get a job or not?
    I know the air fares are really dear $700 i dont even know if that is return or not??
    Yeah we have air con!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a whole different world, and what is one mans normal is another mans weird, in other words all over this beautiful country of ours you will experience different kinds of employment, and being so far from civilisation they are probably more like a third world country in their employment standards.

    the air fares from syd to mount isa is 105 to brisbane then 287 from bris to mt isa, where its only 287 from syd to darwin. let us know whether you guys will be camped for a while or when your moving on and i can make a plan.

    love ben

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the air fares are ridiculous it is prob cause we are out in the middle of nowhere!!.....I dont think we will be here that long, so Mark is saying..... Too Too HOT & VERY BORING!!! Not much to do here really except work & sweat!!
    Anyway i will definetly let you know what we are doing as soon as i know!
    Enjoy your day!
    Love always Mum x

    ReplyDelete