OLD TIRED OLD MILLARD

OLD TIRED OLD MILLARD
MILLI BEFORE HER RENOVATION!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Deck the Van With Boughs of Holly!!.........Falalalalalala!

Well
I cant believe it is now already November again!
Too me, that is the time to start putting up the decorations for Christmas!!!
Usually at home I start decorating the house at the end of October or early November!
Yes I know you are thinking this bird is mad but I just love
Christmas & the longer
it goes for
 the better I say!!!
Now the big problem I found was getting a tree small enough to fit in the van?
I also wanted something unusual!

As we are so restricted here in the way of shopping & only have one major department store & that is Kmart
 I thought my chances of finding something with a bit of style about it was not looking very good!!!!
Anyway after going to nearly every shop in
Mt Isa I decided against the Xmas Tree & opted for sticks with balls attached to the ends........Silver Balls that is
so it still does have kinda a festive feel about it.
 I also painted some Christmas art works for the walls, added some new red cushions, fairy lights & I picked up the most beautiful silver place mats for the table & benches!!!
I love it but............I just don't know where Santa is going to fit all our prezzies though??

Anyway the van is ready, we are ready & I have just started buying gifts!
I so love buying Christmas presents well I just love shopping full stop!
It is now only 4 weeks till we will be back home with our family to celebrate Christmas & seeing everyone again after being 8 months on the road!
There is just something so magical about waking up on Christmas morning!
Ham & eggs for brecky then my adults only fruit punch
followed with exchanging gifts under the tree.
Then its time for a shower & on with our new Christmas clothes!
Just Love It!!!
Great Company fantastic food, but the best part is watching our Grand children's faces light up as they rip off all that wrapping to see what they have!!!!
I remember when  my children were little
on Xmas eve I would do all the cleaning of the house & cook the pork & chooks & then when they went to bed I would get their presents out & carefully arrange them at the end of their beds, by this time it was about 1am & I was pooped, but at about 5am I would just automatically wake up & if they were not awake I would go in to their rooms & pull on their toes & then run out of the room & peek around the corner & watch the expressions & the happiness they were feeling as they laid eyes on that present they had so been wanting & waiting for, for so long!!!
So So Magical!!
Anyway I have one big problem though, I don't have an oven & I don't quite know how I am going to do all my usual Baking?
Maybe I will have too cheat this year & buy my Xmas Cake & Ginger Bread Men
 I am glad rocky road does not require baking!
One thing I love making every year is my Christmas Plonk......You could call it egg nog I suppose!
It has a full bottle of good quality Irish whiskey in it 2 blocks of cad bury chocolate, condensed milk, coffee, & some other yummy fattening ingredients
 it usually makes about 3 big bottles & I keep one & give the rest away!
Sooo yummy straight over ice!
Husband is a sook & prefers his with milk! 
I have got really good at baking meats in the electric fry pan since we have been travelling!
 But as for the turkey
 I think I will cart that over to my daughters to cook it!
Yummo!!!!
My mouth is watering at the thought of all that festive food!!!
Our first Christmas in our Caravan........This will be special!!

Happy Christmas All!!!............Don't think me too mad!
 It is only 6 weeks away!!!
It will be here before we know it & sadly
it will be gone just as quick as it comes!

I would like to apologize for the gaps between posts!
It is because I have been flat out working 2 jobs at the moment!
So far I have had only one day off in the past month!
 I am so not use to this working business!!!
Marks work here with the local builders has now slowed right down!
He has been lucky enough though to have picked up a couple of odd jobs
here building around the park!
He has now become the
HOUSE-MAN!

 He does the all the chores ........Well some, I should say
 he has still forgotten how to use the
washing machine & for some lame reason he can't remember what the stove was for!!
The funniest part was when I would get home from work & see how he had made the bed!
My poor cushions were placed on every angle & looking so wrong!!
What is he blind???
He just stood there saying
now that is pretty good isn't it, looks good don't you think
 that is the best I have ever done!
All I could do was laugh!!
E for Effort!
Men............. Ya gotta love em!

 Only 2 weeks left here to work & then we are off
 for a holiday for a week!!
We are going to Lawn Hill & Adels Grove & then on to Gregory for a look....... As you would!
We will store our van here in Mt Isa & camp in our oz tent for the week, there is a resort there so we may splash out & live it up for a night or two! 
Cant wait!!!
Lawn Hill & Adels Grove are suppose to be just magnificent so that will be fun & a sight to see!
Lets hope the weather stays nice?
 It has already started dumping down rain here in the Isa!
We don't want to get rained in & stuck here!
I feel the wet season is just about to begin!!
The cane toads are out in full force now & are just so grosse!

I cant wait to get back to civilisation & not jump & run scared like a mad woman from all
those bloody crawly critters that live up here!
If it is not the cane toads sneaking up on you, it is the grasshoppers flying into your head, they are like a plague now after the rain!

Our favorite critter is
The Ta Ta Lizards!
They are soo cute & will run along
really fast then just stop dead & wave at you with their front leg!
Apart from the critters we really will miss Mt Isa
it has a funny strange special charm about it & we are glad we stopped here & experienced a little taste of the Isa....... Especially in the hot season!
There is a sign as you come in to town which reads
 You are not a true
Aussie
Till you have been to the
 Isa!

Here's cheers & excitement about heading back home for the festive season!
After that we think then we may go to South Australia not sure yet
but we do know one thing we are heading south from here!
 It is just too too hot for us in this top end of Oz at this time of year!
We have done well so far!!!
I think we may have acclimatised slightly as sometimes when the temp gets
down to 27
I need to put on a cardigan!!!
Anyway till next time
Happy shopping!

5 comments: